My mom has been buying Apple Fritters at the store every weekend now so when I was looking through pinterest I came across a recipe to make our own and well of course I still have a million apples left over so I figured hey why not lets try it… and we did!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Keywords: fry breakfast apple fall
Ingredients (12 Fritters)
1 heaping cup AP flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 – 2 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 T. butter, melted
1/3 cup milk + plus more if needed
1 – 1 1/2 cups chopped apple, your favorite kind for eating, peanut sized or smaller
oil for frying
milk and powdered sugar glaze for dipping or just powdered sugar for dusting
(About 1 cup pwd. sugar + 1 T. milk or more)
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly add the wet ingredients minus the apple.
3. Carefully mix until well combined but not overly beat
4. Gently fold in apple pieces.
5. Place oil in pot on stove.
6. Once the oil is ready (when a test drop of dough floats to the top of the oil, a drop of water sizzles, or a piece of white bread browns in 60 seconds) then using a cookie scooper or soup spoon, place a 4-5 balls of dough into the oil.
7. Flip over when the bottom is golden brown. It takes about 35 seconds a side.
8. It is always a good idea to test one to ensure it comes out like you are expecting.
9. Mix the ingredients together to make a frosting.
10. Dip fritter in frosting.
Questions: What is your favorite donut? Do you like apple fritters? I still need some more recipes to make with my apples they seem to not be disappearing at all haha.