Well I still have a bunch of Apples left over from Apple picking. So what did I do? Turned to Pinterest of course! I found some Peanut Butter Apple Cookies…. Yummy! Now I’m going to share the awesome recipe with you!
Peanut Butter Apple Cookie
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Keywords: bake dessert apple fall
- 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. grated peeled apple
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, shortening, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
6. Fold in the apple.
7. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets, about 2” apart.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
My cookies came out REALLY big. Some of which even ran together but they are still yummy.
This was also my first time using shortening. Have you guys ever used it before? It was weird haha.
Questions: What is your favorite apple recipe? Do you like cookies, cakes, or pies better? Where do you turn to find recipes to make?