Well yesterday I was eating very summer like so today I went back to Fall! Why? because it is like 65 degrees out. Which definitely means its not feeling like summer anymore.
Last week I made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies… remember them? Today I looked in the fridge and realized I still had some left over pumpkin and I didn’t want to let it go to waste so I went to pinterest to look for another yummy recipe. What did I find? Soft Pumpkin Cookies! yum. I however had to add some chocolate chips to the mix because well I can’t have pumpkin without chocolate… lets be real!
Now lets get to the recipe:
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 10
Ingredients (1 1/2 dozen)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chilled pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease baking sheet with spray.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, the dark brown sugar, and the oil together.
5. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine thoroughly.
6. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
7. Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until completely combined. Add Chocolate Chips.
8. Use a small cookie scoop or a large spoon to drop a rounded, heaping tablespoon of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
9. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, making sure that the cookies are just starting to crack on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out clean. The cookies should be firm when touched.
10. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
PS: Guess what Ginger I used? If you guess Wild Harvest you were right!
Just a reminder I’m giving away a whole box of Wild Harvest goodies! Just click here and join in! The giveaway runs until Friday at Midnight!