Summer Squash Casserole
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 35
Keywords: bake entree vegetarian summer
Ingredients (8 Servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow squash
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons slat, divided
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 (10 3/4oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package herb-seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash and zucchini into 1/4 inch-thick slices.
3. Add chopped onion, 2 tsp salt and water to cover.
4. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, and cook 5 minutes, drain well.
5.Stir together 1 cup grated carrots, cream of whatever soup, sour cream and water chestnuts in a large bowl; fold in the squash mixture.
6. Stir together stuffing and 1/2 cup melted butter.
7. Spoon half of stuffing mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
8. Spoon squash mixture over stuffing mixture and top with remaining stuffing mixture.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Question: What are you having for dinner tonight?